Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe from "The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook". This cookbook has some outstanding seafood recipes. Prep time includes chilling the shrimp.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup commercial Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 green onion, minced
- curly leaf lettuce
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Drain well; rinse with cold water.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a large shallow dish.
- Combine green pepper and next 8 ingredients; pour over shrimp, stirring gently.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange leaf lettuce on individual serving plates; top with shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly over shredded lettuce.