Recipe by coconutty
Mrs. B. was quite partial to Black Diamond cheddar and never used any other brand.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated black diamond extra-old white cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter and flour over low heat – stir til smooth and bubbly without browning. Add salt, pepper, milk; stir constantly over medium heat til smooth and thick. Add cheese; stir til melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach and onion. Gradually add beaten egg yolks. Cool. Beat whites til stiff; fold into spinach mixture. Pour into buttered soufflé dish. Bake at 350 about 35 minutes, til top is browned. Serve at once.