Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best banana bread recipe I've ever made!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter/margarine, sugar, and eggs.
- Mash the bananas, and add them to the butter mixture; cream them inches.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the nuts, if wanted.
- Pour in greased loaf pan; bake for 50 to 60 minutes.