1/1 Photo of Mrs Allen's Date Loaf
1 hr 15 mins
This was my playmate's mother's recipe Oh how I loved this date loaf! (Doris Eppinger --neeAllen). After school if we were lucky we'd get a slice. I hope it tastes as good now as it did 63 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350F, lightly grease a loaf pan.
- 2Mix the dates, butter& boiling water, set aside& cool.
- 3When cooled mix in the beaten egg& sugar.
- 4Mix the flour, baking soda& salt together.
- 5Add dry ingredients to the batter.
- 6Add nuts and vanilla, blend well.
- 7Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- 8Bake in 350F oven for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs Allen's Date Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 226.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g