Recipe by Harald Haugli
Introducing a great culinary achievement from MrWalker, unmodestly self-titled as "MrWalker's Fetaburger".
Top Review by chia
i adjusted the ingredients, and these were good burgers. i used fresh herbs and feta cheese from the farmers market, i also added fresh crushed kalamata olives over everything and served these in pita's.
- 2 frozen beef burgers
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 ounce Greek feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 large onions (recommended) or 3 shallots, thinly sliced (recommended)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt, to taste
- 2 hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Select your favorite pure beef burgers (make them yourself, or buy the best frozen ones you can find) and hamburger buns (white bread).
- While the beef burgers are still frozen, marinate one (or both) sides with Tabasco sauce. The sauce will stay put as it freezes directly on the surface.
- The burgers should then be grilled.
- meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet.
- add onions or shallots and garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and cook 10-15 minutes until onion is slightly carmelized.push aside.
- When almost done, put 2 thick slices of (preferrably) real Greek feta-cheese (you can select any brand of feta here, depending on taste and availability). Let the cheese fry with the onions for the last couple of minutes. Before putting the feta on the burger, cover it with a few thin slices of onions and garlic.