Recipe by Kaykwilts
Mr. Volney likes to cook as much as his wife Mrs. Betty so when we went to thier house to eat, this is what they served. If you don't have dry white wine you can substitute chicken broth. This is very similar to #60337 on Recipezaar but this one has fewer ingredients. You can use chicken broth if you do not have the dry white wine.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound chickento 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, coat with flour.
- Brown chicken in 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or till lightly golden in color.
- remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the skiller and cook the mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, till sauce slightly thickens.
- Top with parsley.