Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
These are really cute during the winter months..Have made many of these and given them as gifts to neighbors
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, slightly softened
- 4 1⁄2 ounces dried beef, diced
- 1 bunch green onion (4-6 onion, chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 3 black olives, pieces
- 8 -10 dried cranberries
- 2 rosemary sprigs or 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 maraschino cherry (optional)
- Mix packages of cream cheese with dried beef.
- Add chopped green onions, reserve 1 green top for scarf.
- Blend in garlic powder and horseradish; blend well.
- Form 2 balls, making one slightly larger for the body.
- Roll in dried parsley.
- Stack on top of each other with the larger one on bottom.
- Spread whipped cream cheese as frosting on the snowman.
- Break off irregular pieces of black olive to form 3 buttons down the front.
- Wrap the green onion tops around the neck for a scarf and tie.
- Use rosemary sprigs or pretzel sticks for arms.
- Make a halo from the dried cranberries.
- Serve with hearty crackers.
- May use 1 maraschino cherry for the mouth.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for 6-8 hours for the flavors to blend.
Great for a winter party. Relatively easy to make and gives you a chance to be a little creative. The only issue is, the snowman looks so good, people don't want to eat him! But he is tasty!