Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The following recipe was provided by Mr. Sam Pickett who owns Sam's Cajun Cooking in Jacksonville Florida. I really like this because some injections make the meat taste too salty. This is perfect!
- 2 fluid ounces onion juice
- 2 fluid ounces garlic juice
- 6 fluid ounces grapefruit juice
- 2 fluid ounces Lea & Perrins White Wine Worcestershire Sauce
- 16 fluid ounces white wine
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- This sauce will keep for several weeks if refrigerated.
- To inject the turkey: Load up the marinade into a hypodermic meat injector.
- Inject the marinade in several places on the turkey.
- Do this by carefully lifting up the skin, rather than poking the needle throught it.
- When the turkey is good and loaded up with the juices, massage the turkey with the dry rub.
Injection liquid was a big hit. Along with the dry rub it was great. Some of the ingredients were hard to find but well worth it.