Another great recipe from the great Mr. Mudd, a well-known Atlanta hairdresser, whom we all love and appreciate for his humor, kindness and RECIPES!! This is so yummy! It's a perfect balance of tart and sweet. I love it & hope you do too. It's a must have on our Thanksgiving table.
- Spray or butter a 9x12 pyrex dish.
- Peel, halve, core and slice or chop apples. (I prefer them chopped). Place in dish.
- Wash, pick over and drain cranberries. Pour over top of apples.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in small bowl. Add vanilla, butter and preserves. Pour over top of apple/cranberry mix.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 375 oven about 50-60 minutes.