Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe from the great Mr. Mudd, a well-known Atlanta hairdresser, whom we all love and appreciate for his humor, kindness and RECIPES!! This is so yummy! It's a perfect balance of tart and sweet. I love it & hope you do too. It's a must have on our Thanksgiving table.
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup walnuts
- Spray or butter a 9x12 pyrex dish.
- Peel, halve, core and slice or chop apples. (I prefer them chopped). Place in dish.
- Wash, pick over and drain cranberries. Pour over top of apples.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in small bowl. Add vanilla, butter and preserves. Pour over top of apple/cranberry mix.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 375 oven about 50-60 minutes.
This is really good! I had an extra bag of cranberries left over from Thanksgiving and found this recipe to make. DH thought it was a bit too sweet. Next time I will cut back on the brown sugar. Overall a keeper. Made in honor of CoolMonday. Thanks Joyd for posting.