Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mr. Louis is a cajun that really knows jambalaya! People from all over town love it! He usually makes this in a big cast iron kettle for large gatherings but I think I did a pretty good job of making it more family sized.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs boston butt, cut into bite sized pieces and trimmed of fat
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 bunch of chopped green onion
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven with lid. Add boston butt, onion and garlic salt. When almost done, add kielbasa. Cook until browned. Add rice, water, creole seasoning, and green onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until rice is done. Stir occasionally. Serve with garlic bread.