1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is Emeril's Father's Meatloaf recipe. It was in "Martha Stewart's Everyday Food" Emeril says, "This remains the gold standard against which I judge meatloaves to this very day".COOKS NOTE: If you cannot find Emeril's Creole Seasoning in the store or prefer to make your own, use Emeril's Creole Seasoning recipe here on Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon emeril's creole seasoning (see cooks note)
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo sausage (not smoked)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (bottled)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except for the chorizo sausage and chili sauce,.
- 3Gently mix to combine (do not over mix).
- 4Place half of the meat mixture on prepared sheet pan, form into a 9 x 4 - inch loaf.
- 5Using a paring knife, remove casing from the chorizo (keeping the shape intact). Place chorizo lengthwise down the center of loaf. Cover with the other half of meat mixture, enclosing the chorizo and patting to adhere.
- 6Brush chili sauce over meatloaf. Bake basting occasionally with pan juices, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf reads 160 degrees, about 1 hour.
- 7Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mr. John's Meatloaf -- Courtesy Emeril Lagasse--
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.5
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 757.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g