Recipe by TasteTester
This recipe was created at Pascal's Manale restaurant in New Orleans in 1954. It is often served with French bread for soaking up the rich sauce.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (1 stick)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, rinds reserved and sliced (about 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, tails on
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- French baguette, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, and cook until melted and foamy. Add garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice and rinds. Stir in worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, and bring to a simmer.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until pink and firm to the touch, 3-4 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve with French bread or baguette.