1/2 Photos of Mr. Howell's Left Bank French Toast
From "Mary Ann's Gilligan's Island Cookbook" by Dawn Wells (Mary Ann herself), Ken Beck and Jim Clark. I got this cookbook in a swap and it's got some very humorous quotes and recipe titles. This recipe for French toast is posted for ZWT8 - France. Did you know Mr. Howell once said, "If it weren't for the money, I'd rather be poor."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 15 x 10-inch jelly-role pan melt the butter in a 425 deg F oven.
- 2Sprinkle the pan with mixture of sugar and cinnamon,.
- 3In a shallow bowl mix the eggs and orange juice, and dip the bread slices in the mixture until well soaked but not falling apart.
- 4Arrange close together in the prepared pan.
- 5Bake at 425 deg F for 20 minutes, or until set.
- 6With a pancake turner, invert the toast onto serving plates.
- 7Serve with maple syrup.
- 8Variations: For Sesame toast, sprinkle melted butter with 2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mr. Howell's Left Bank French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 205.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g