Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
I have a crazy Cajun neighbor here in TX and this is his recipe. Man is it ever good. You can use either shrimp or crawfish tails. I know crawfish may be hard to find in places so I posted it with shrimp! He uses more butter than I do- probably why his is better- BUT mine is lower in fat! Posted for World Tour 2005 Enjoy!
Top Review by vbsewell
Easy recipe. I took another reviewer's suggestion and used 1 can cream of celery soup with 1 can cream of mushroom soup. Added some chopped celery with the onions and peppers and a little extra butter. This still takes like canned soup with crawfish tail added. None of my family and friends would want this again.
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb crawfish tail, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, any color
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot sauté yellow onion, green onion and bell pepper in butter until softened.
- Note: You can use any color pepper. I use half of a red and half of a yellow pepper to add color.
- Add soup and Rotel and stir to combine.
- Turn to simmer and stir occasionally. It can just hang out on the stove on low until you are ready or you can proceed with the next step.
- About 5 minutes before you are ready to eat add the shrimp and stir in to mix. If using crawfish add about 2 minutes before serving as they are already cooked.
- Serve with some plain white rice and some good crusty buttered bread and you have a meal- You could add a salad but then you couldn't eat as much of 'dis here!