Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have a crazy Cajun neighbor here in TX and this is his recipe. Man is it ever good. You can use either shrimp or crawfish tails. I know crawfish may be hard to find in places so I posted it with shrimp! He uses more butter than I do- probably why his is better- BUT mine is lower in fat! Posted for World Tour 2005 Enjoy!
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb crawfish tail, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, any color
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large pot sauté yellow onion, green onion and bell pepper in butter until softened.
- Note: You can use any color pepper. I use half of a red and half of a yellow pepper to add color.
- Add soup and Rotel and stir to combine.
- Turn to simmer and stir occasionally. It can just hang out on the stove on low until you are ready or you can proceed with the next step.
- About 5 minutes before you are ready to eat add the shrimp and stir in to mix. If using crawfish add about 2 minutes before serving as they are already cooked.
- Serve with some plain white rice and some good crusty buttered bread and you have a meal- You could add a salad but then you couldn't eat as much of 'dis here!
Easy recipe. I took another reviewer's suggestion and used 1 can cream of celery soup with 1 can cream of mushroom soup. Added some chopped celery with the onions and peppers and a little extra butter. This still takes like canned soup with crawfish tail added. None of my family and friends would want this again.
Superb! My family really enjoys this dish, I've made it often, should have reviewed it sooner...sorry!