Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Here's a pretty Kickin frosting for sheet cake. A real Kid Pleaser!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons hershey cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter or 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove form heat.
- Whisk in Vanilla.
- Stir in Peanut Butter.
- Mix well.
- Spread while still fairly warm on a cooled sheet cake.
- Let cool completely.
- This is a thick, fudgy type frosting.
ok...I planned to use this as frosting. I really really did. I'm sure it would be wonderful on a cake, but it didn't make it that far. It ended up in the fudge pan and when it cooled and thickened, it cut very nicely and tasted SOOOO good. It is a tad rich, so I cut it in small squares. I think it would also be delicious if thinned a bit more (with the evaporated milk) and used as an ice cream topping! I'll have to make more of this, especially around the holidays.