Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama. We eat a lot of chicken, and breaded and baked is our favorite. This is a lightly breaded chicken that is sauteed, a perfect change from the norm.
- 1 cup pecans, finely fround
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and flattened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large shallow dish combine pecans, cheese, garlic salt and basil.
- Place lemon juice in another shallow dish; dip chicken in juice, then coat with pecan mix.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
What a fantastic change from the usual breaded chicken! The only thing I did to alter this great recipe, was to dust the chicken pieces with flour first to create a sticky base for the pecan coating to stick to. Worked a treat! Made for PRMR 2/11.
OUTSTANDING! Followed the recipe except I did what other posters suggested and dredged the chicken in flour first then lemon juice and then the pecan coating. It stayed on great. Just DH and I so I only used 1/3 cup pecans and about 1/6 cup parm cheese. We really enjoyed this and will be making it again. Served with oven roasted squash from our garden. Thanks for posting!
This is a very tasty dish. Unfortunately I did not read the previous review and wish I had. I think that dusting with flour first would have helped the pecan coating to adhere better and possibly add more of a crunch. I did wind up using more pecans than the recipe called for. The chicken was covered while frying. This was served with Green Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette for a quick and delicious meal. Made for Aussie Swap.