Recipe by hannahrosethomsen
I made too much of this banana bread once, I gave it to my neighbors, and they absolutely LOVED it! they keep asking me for more, and I even made a banana cake out of this for a wedding. it's a delicious INCREDIBLY easy bread made from basic ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (the more brown they are the better)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk (I use half & half)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a 13X9 pan, then peel your bananas and mash them in a small bowl, set aside. next take out a large bowl and put the vegetable oil in, gradually add the sugar, stirring after each addition. then add the eggs and stir until thoroughly combined and slightly fluffy. then you mix in the mashed bananas, set this mixture aside. combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl stirring until everything is mixed in, then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mix. (the mix will be a little dry, so don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong!) next add the milk (or half & half) and the vanilla.* stir the mixture and then pour into the pan. sometimes when I make this recipe there's a little bit too much batter in the bowl, so make sure that you don't fill the pan too full! it only needs to come up slightly above the half way point. I usually make a few muffins out of the extra.
- cooking time:.
- bread: 50-60 minute or until knife stuck into the middle comes out clean.
- muffins: 20-25 minute or until the edges pull away from the pan.
- *I like to mix a cup of chocolate chips in at this point but if you would like to add blueberry's or nuts that's okay too.