Very simple, using pantry items and yet very, very good! Had originally gotten recipe from a Mr. Food cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 onions, cut up coarsely
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb flank steaks or 1 lb chicken, cut into thin strips 1/8 inch
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix (I buy in envelope and measure)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup taco cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat.
- 3Add onions and peppers.
- 4Saute for 10 minutes or until softened and onions golden.
- 5Place aside in a bowl.
- 6Heat 1 Tbsp oil in same skillet and add meat of choice.
- 7Add fajita seasoning.
- 8Saute 3 to 4 minutes just until meat start brown.
- 9Return vegetables to skillet and toss another 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- 10Divide mixture equally between tortillas.
- 11Add a Tbsp or so shredded cheese and roll up.
- 12Place seam down into 9 x 13 inch pan that is greased.
- 13Drizzle leftover skillet juices over fajitas.
- 14Top with cheese and loosely cover with foil.
- 15Bake 15 minutes.
- 16Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- 17Can prepare ahead.
- 18Cover and refrigerate them after rolling them into pan.
- 19Bake 20-25 minutes when ready at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mr. Food Steak or Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (2136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 582.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix