Recipe by jellyko
Very simple, using pantry items and yet very, very good! Had originally gotten recipe from a Mr. Food cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 onions, cut up coarsely
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb flank steaks or 1 lb chicken, cut into thin strips 1/8 inch
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix (I buy in envelope and measure)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup taco cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until softened and onions golden.
- Place aside in a bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in same skillet and add meat of choice.
- Add fajita seasoning.
- Saute 3 to 4 minutes just until meat start brown.
- Return vegetables to skillet and toss another 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- Divide mixture equally between tortillas.
- Add a Tbsp or so shredded cheese and roll up.
- Place seam down into 9 x 13 inch pan that is greased.
- Drizzle leftover skillet juices over fajitas.
- Top with cheese and loosely cover with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- Can prepare ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate them after rolling them into pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes when ready at 350 degrees.