Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I have made for years and never divulged the source lol. I try to make this with well drained browned ground lamb, almost an impossibility to find where I lived in Florida. It works ok with ground turkey, too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté ground beef over medium high heat for 7-8 minutes or until crumbly and only slightly pink.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Add eggplant to same skillet and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until eggplant starts to soften.
- Add garlic, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes or until hot.
- Grease a 7 x 11 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place meat/eggplant mixture into baking dish, smooth the top.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt and mix until smooth.
- Pour over the meat mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until custard is set.