Prep 20 mins
Cook 26 mins
I found this delicious recipe in the Mr. Food Cookbook. I've only made it once because it seems on the fatty side, but it was certainly yummy.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into approximately 2"x1" pieces and place in 9"x13" baking dish.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the garlic, scallions, parsley, dill, oregano, salt and pepper and cook for two minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn chicken pieces over, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and put chicken under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Excello-mundo!!! This was supper tonight, and we all loved it. Quite the foil for chicken rather than shrimp. We used one of our home-grown pastured poultry breasts (they usually run at just under 2#), served over a combination of linguine and fettucini pasta with EVOO, and added parmesan at the table.