Recipe by mandabears
Wonderfully easy and delicious bean soup. Mr. Food is a genius and I think I own all of his cookbooks and use them all.
Top Review by Maggie, Cooking
This was really simple and didn't require me standing in the kitchen for very long at all. Since I'd already cut up and froze packets of diced ham for this kind of thing, this was a breeze. The soup was very tasty! I loved it, but my less tomato loving other half was a little overwhelmed with just how much tomato is actually in it since the name didn't tip him off. In any case, it's a keeper because it's easy and yummy!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, ready to use
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces sliced canned potatoes, drained
- 8 1⁄4 ounces canned sliced carrots, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper