Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are quick, easy and delicious. They look like you really slaved in the kitchen (I won't tell if you won't). While looking at our local television news station's website, I discovered a whole section with Mr. Foods recipes! He noted that Strawberry jam or orange marmalade work well too. Times do not include chilling time.
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping and jam; mix well.
- IF USING LADY FINGERS: Split each ladyfinger in half lengthwise and spread the topping mixture equally between the halves; replace the tops of the ladyfingers.
- IF USING VANILLA WAFERS: Spread the topping mixture on one vanilla wafer cookie; place a 2nd wafer on top.
- Place eclairs on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and shortening over medium-low heat.
- Drizzle over the eclairs.
- Chill for 1 hour, or until the chocolate is firm.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.