1/3 Photos of Mr. Dell's Original Potato Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Northern Cook's Note:
I adapted this recipe from the back of a package of Mr. Dell's shredded hash brown potatoes. This recipe is always requested for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. The best part is, if there are any leftovers, they make a great breakfast side dish the morning after.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine and pour into a 9X13 inch baking dish, then add 5 cups of the shredded hash brown potatoes, no need to thaw.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix soup (in a pinch, I've used cream of celery and cream of mushroom and it turned out fine), sour cream, milk, and green onions, then pour 1/2 of this mixture over the hash browns. Spread the mixture around over the hashbrowns evenly using a spatula. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Sprinkle one cup grated cheese on top.
- 5Add the remainder of the hash brown potatoes and pour the remaining soup mixture on top, again, spread out evenly using a spatula. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 7Bake for 55 minutes.
- 8**If at the end of the 55 minutes baking time the top hasn't browned to your liking, set the oven to broil and it will quickly brown the top of the cheese to a crispy golden brown.
- 9When done, let set up for 5-10 minutes before cutting into servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mr. Dell's Original Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.1
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 790.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g