1/6 Photos of Mr. Brown's Italian Meringue Buttercream
This is Warren Brown's recipe. It is INCREDIBLE!!! Timing is the key. You won't be sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water over medium heat until it reaches 245. As it cooks begin meringue so it's ready when syrup is done.
- 2Whip egg whites with a wire whisk in a stand up mixer on high until soft peaks form. About 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup sugar. Beat.
- 3Slowly pour the hot syrup into the meringue steadily with the mixer still on high.
- 4Beat the frosting for 7-10 minutes until the outside of the bowl is room temperature.
- 5Beat in butter by the tablespoon. The butter will deflate the frosting a bit.
- 6Add in desired flavorings.
- 8Chocolate: 1/2 cup melted and cooled chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 9Coconut: 1 teaspoon coconut extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 10Coffee: 1 teaspoon espresso powder or 3-5 tablespoons strong coffee.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mr. Brown's Italian Meringue Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.7
- Calories from Fat 663
- Total Fat 73.7 g
- Saturated Fat 46.6 g
- Cholesterol 195.2 mg
- Sodium 65.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g