Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've loved these since I was a kid and recently came across the recipe. I searched Zaar with different titles and couldn't find the recipe posted, so decided to post it for everyone to enjoy. For those of you familiar with New Orleans, you will remember the story of Mr. Bingle and the Maison Blanche Department Store. These make wonderful treats for children's birthday parties.
- 8 sugar ice cream cones (the pointed ones)
- 1⁄4 cup cake icing
- 24 jelly beans (various colors)
- 8 scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream
- 16 blue M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 8 red M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Using the icing as glue, place three squirts of icing up one side of the cone, centered evenly between the rim of the cone and the point.
- Place a jelly bean into the icing, set aside and allow to dry.
- ~NOTE~ Cones can be prepared one day in advance to allow the icing to dry completely and for easy assembly just before serving.
- Place one large scoop of ice cream on to each individual serving plate.
- Top the ice cream with a prepared cone.
- Place two blue M&M's in the ice cream for the eyes.
- Place one red M&M in the ice cream for the nose.
- At this point you should serve immediately or place in the freezer for no more than two hours.
- If you place these in the freezer, allow to sit ar room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.