- 1⁄2 cup fat (We use margarine or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or 3 tablespoons sour milk
- 1 cup banana, ripe mashed (approx 3 bananas)
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream fat.
- Work sugar into fat slowly.
- Add well beaten eggs and mix throughly.
- Sift flour, soda and salt.
- Fold flour into fat and sugar mixture alternating with milk and mashed banana. DO NOT BEAT.
- Turn into greased or lined 7 1/2" to 8 1/4" X 4 X 3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.