Recipe by weekend cooker
a tasty dish, with ingredients good for the whole family.
Top Review by Ceezie
This had great flavor and made a ton of food. I used mini ziti and only half a box - a whole box 16 oz would have been way too much pasta (maybe the smaller pasta had something to do with it being too much). I used homemade stewed tomatoes so no chopped topped with Italian sauce then the cheese. I used mozzarella and Parmesan cheese mixed about 1 1/2 cups. I would use different cheese next time and there will be a next time. Thanks we served this with cornbread and a salad.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, coursely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage, onion, and bell pepper in oil over medium heat in a large skillet and drain.
- Add diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, and ketchup and mix well.
- Cook ziti according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage tomato mixture, and toss with pasta and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.