Recipe by CulinaryQueen
No cooking involved. Great starter for those hot Summer nights. If you can't get buffalo mozzarella, try to get the large cheese balls found at the deli counter that are usually sitting in a bowl of water. The fresh mozzarella has a better taste and texture than the stuff that is prepackaged.
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella
- 5 plum tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the mozzarella and arrange in slightly overlapping circles on a serving platter.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the salsa over the mozzarella.
- Drizzle over some olive oil.
- Serve alone or with crusty Italian bread.