Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Italian-style tuna melts
- 170.09 g can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 59.14 ml finely chopped celery
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese
- 4 slice tomatoes
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion, and mayonnaise. Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each with a lettuce leaf, replace bun tops.
This is a good recipe. I would suggest using your own tuna salad recipe and topping with cheese, tomato, and lettuce. Made for ZWT7. Thanks for the recipe.
This was fantastic! The only change I made was put it on keiser rolls. Excellent recipe!
Oh so good! This is really comfort food taken to another level. I just made a tiny amount of tuna salad (didn't bother scaling, but used the quantities I wanted of your ingredients). Used a nice slice of sourdough bread as the base. Instead of lettuce, I topped with a couple of fresh basil leaves and some roka. Left the sandwich topless. Loved it!