- 2 small red bell peppers, halved legthwise, seeded, stems left intact
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped, seeded
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, 1/3 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- arrange peppers, scliced side up, on oiled baking sheet.
- mix tomatoes and garlic in medium bowl.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Fill peppers with tomato mixture.
- drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over each pepper.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 50 minutes.
- place cheese on top of peppers, bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.