1/4 Photos of Mozzarella Topped Chicken With Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a super easy weeknight meal, very few ingredients, but is quite lovely, I think sometimes simple is great. Makes for an easy meal to make and kind on the wallet but very satisfying. I served mine with pasta, it would also pair well with gnocchi or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 200c.
- 2Combine tomatoes, garlic and oil in an ovenproof baking dish. Roast uncovered, about 20 Min's or until tomatoes soften. When garlic is cool enough to handle squeeze out flesh.
- 3Cook chicken in a pan, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- 4When chicken is close to being finished, blend or process garlic and all but 12 tomatoes until smooth.
- 5Place in a medium saucepan with basil and cream and cook stirring over a low heat, until heated through. Keep sauce warm on stove.
- 6Top each breast with a slice of mozzarella and place under grill until cheese melts.
- 7To Serve: Place chicken on a plate top with sauce and garnish with tomatoes (3 per plate) and basil leaves if desired. I served mine with tri colour pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella Topped Chicken With Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.4
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.2 mg
- Sodium 420.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 43.6 g