Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a super easy weeknight meal, very few ingredients, but is quite lovely, I think sometimes simple is great. Makes for an easy meal to make and kind on the wallet but very satisfying. I served mine with pasta, it would also pair well with gnocchi or rice.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is such a wonderful and simple chicken dish that tastes very complex. A perfect dish to make for company. I served it along with mashed potatoes and sliced cucumbers. I was looking forward to having a little left over for lunch the next day however; the neighbor boy ended up having dinner with us, so there were no leftovers to enjoy. I will definitely be making this again soon. Made and reviewed for Make My Recipe Tag #14
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled (large ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped between coarse and fine
- 60 ml cream
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, sliced into 4 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 200c.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and oil in an ovenproof baking dish. Roast uncovered, about 20 Min's or until tomatoes soften. When garlic is cool enough to handle squeeze out flesh.
- Cook chicken in a pan, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- When chicken is close to being finished, blend or process garlic and all but 12 tomatoes until smooth.
- Place in a medium saucepan with basil and cream and cook stirring over a low heat, until heated through. Keep sauce warm on stove.
- Top each breast with a slice of mozzarella and place under grill until cheese melts.
- To Serve: Place chicken on a plate top with sauce and garnish with tomatoes (3 per plate) and basil leaves if desired. I served mine with tri colour pasta.