Recipe by Lainey39
This is an easy appetizer. They can be made year round but are even better with garden-fresh tomatoes. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 ripe olives, pitted and quartered
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaportated.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell.
- Top each with a piece of olive; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly.