Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh garden tomatoes with fresh mozzarella scented with fresh rosemary, garlic and olive oil.
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Remove a couple of leaves from the cut end of each stem of rosemary.
- Mince the removed rosemary leaves add to garlic and olive oil season with salt and pepper to taste. Layer the tomatoes and cheese sprinkle some of the oil as you go. Making 3 stacks.
- Pierce each stack with the sprig of rosemary.
- Pour remaining oil mixture over the tomatoes.
- Let flavors meld for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy sharing a stack with a loved one.
Simple and full of flavor. I made this for my lunch today. Fresh ground pepper and kosher salt were used when I made it. I'm a garlic freak, so loved that addition to this dish. Made for ZWT7- Italy
I'm in Italy right now and this dish is served in most restaurants here. For those of you who want a real Italian appetizer, this is it, just add a splash of olive oil.
easy simple and divine! I will be making this for my next dinner party! Thanks!