Recipe by Rita~
Fresh garden tomatoes with fresh mozzarella scented with fresh rosemary, garlic and olive oil.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Simple and full of flavor. I made this for my lunch today. Fresh ground pepper and kosher salt were used when I made it. I'm a garlic freak, so loved that addition to this dish. Made for ZWT7- Italy
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove a couple of leaves from the cut end of each stem of rosemary.
- Mince the removed rosemary leaves add to garlic and olive oil season with salt and pepper to taste. Layer the tomatoes and cheese sprinkle some of the oil as you go. Making 3 stacks.
- Pierce each stack with the sprig of rosemary.
- Pour remaining oil mixture over the tomatoes.
- Let flavors meld for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy sharing a stack with a loved one.