Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this recipe out of another salad recipe of my mom's. I changed the ingredients around to make that tasty salad. It's wonderful with steak. It can also be served on top of chicken or garlic bread.
- 1 large tomatoes
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- artificial sweetener (I prefer Splenda)
- Cut tomato, cheese and onion in to bite sized chunks, add together into bowl.
- In a small cup, sweeten Italian Dressing with sweetner.
- Pour over tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Oregano.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- The longer you let it sit the more it will marinade.
This is a wonderful salad. We served it at our Super Bowl party. We used "fresh" Mozzarella and let this sit for over 24 hours. At serving time, we sprinkled fresh basil over the top. This is a very pretty salad that has a wonderful flavor. t6he secret is to let it marinate at least 24 hours. We loved this! Thyanks for sharing, Jen Andrews.