Recipe by Patchwork Dragon
This is a my rip-off version of a ready made salad that I bought in Marks & Spencer (UK zaars will know them!)When I get a chance I need to faff about with the dressing, the balasamic vinegar makes the cheese a funny colour!... but it's OK as it is I think. If you can't get Mozzarella Pearls, then it shouldn't make much difference if you just cut some Mozzarella into small pieces. The pearls look nicer and are about the same size as a small cherry tomato.
Top Review by my3beachbabes
I love tomato and mozzerella salads!! I made just as posted except I didn't add the pine nuts because I don't really care for them. This was delicious! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC fall 08'
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, pearls
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil (or Rocket leaves)
- pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the Mozzarella Pearls, and place in a dish with the tomatoes, torn basil leaves(or rocket)and pine nuts.
- Mix oil, vinegar and sugar together (change quantities to suit your taste and leave out the sugar if you prefer).
- Pour over and mix to coat all the ingredients. If you have time, leave it for an hour or so to absorb the flavours.