Recipe by Dona England
A copy cat of Carrabba's Restaurant
Top Review by amydietrichmark
I made this for my pesto-loving husband and it was amazing! I'm not the biggest fan of pesto or tomatoes and I seriously loved this appetizer. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants something a little more special than "garlic bread."
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 6 slices roma tomatoes
- fresh basil leaf, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter with garlic and garlic powder.
- spread butter mixture over bread slices.
- Place a slice of Mozzarella on each piece of bread.
- Place a slice of tomato on each slice of Mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of pesto over each tomato.
- Place bread on a cookie sheet and bake in 500F oven for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil over top.