Colorful appetizers, and so simple to prepare and packed with flavor!
Make and share this Mozzarella Tomato Olive Cocktail Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (small balls, if available)
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 16 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 32 small fresh basil leaves (plus additional for garnish-optional)
- 16 wooden skewers (4"-6-inch)
- Cut the mozzarella into bite sized pieces. If you are lucky enough to find the small balls, keep them whole. Place in a medium bowl and stir in the tomatoes, olives, oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- If basil leaves are large, cut into smaller pieces.
- Thread the marinated cheese, tomatoes and olives onto skewers, placing the basil leaves inbetween. Place skewers on a platter; garnish with additional fresh basil. Enjoy!