Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from an ex girlfriend, who loved it but couldn't cook to save her tail. She gave it to me so I could make it for her. This is all that is left of the relationship, and I will keep it around for along time.
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 7 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- lots fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, 1 cup diced, 1/2 cup sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 dash milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Combine garlic, tomato, basil, 1 cup ,mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut a slit in the side of chicken breasts and fill with mixture.
- make an eggwash with the egg and milk.
- roll breasts in eggwash.
- roll breasts in bread crumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- remove and spoon tomato sauce, and remaining cheese over breasts.
- bake until cheese is bubbly.
I forgot to egg batter and dip in breadcrumbs so I sprinkled bread crumbs on top and worked out just fine.
I loved the balsamic vinegar flavor that came through the chicken. I topped with sliced tomatoes and added a touch more of balsamic vinegar.
Another keeper! Won the husband and kids approval!