Recipe by Tish
Appetizer found in the "Ultimate Italian Cookbook". Authentic and light.
Top Review by Rebecca1
I agree with the other comments (use fresh mozerella, etc.) It's hard to find in some areas. Trader Joe's has it. Italian deli's have it, if you are lucky enough to have one where you live. I just have one suggestion. Drizzle on some Balsamic vinegar along with the olive oil. I travelled all over Italy last summer and ate this salad everywhere. Many places added the Balsamic and it makes a good salad really good!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 8 -10 leaves fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella cheese same thickness.
- Arrange the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil alternating in a circle around a decorative serving dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil (and balsamic vinegar if desired).
- Serve with salt and pepper to individual taste.