- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cheese as thin as possible.
- Slice tomato.
- On a large platter arrange alternate slices of cheese and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Combine vinegar salt pepper and olive oil and drizzle over tomatoes and cheese.
- Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving.