Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a simple side dish but it is so good.
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Slice cheese as thin as possible.
- Slice tomato.
- On a large platter arrange alternate slices of cheese and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Combine vinegar salt pepper and olive oil and drizzle over tomatoes and cheese.
- Let marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving.
I chopped up my tomatoes and fresh mozzarella to make it a salad in a bowl. It was a real hit, and the flavor was awesome! Thanks for sharing!
I took this to a backyard BBQ last night, and it was a hit! People were slurping up the leftover juices from their bowls, WOW that's the ultimate compliment!!! Thanks for a simple, elegant, and delicious recipe Fluffy!!!!