Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious appetizer I like to make for my family.
- 6 large fresh portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash coarse sea salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In medium bowl, toss mushrooms caps, 2 T oil, the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to coat.
- Arrange mushrooms caps on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and remaining 2 T oil.
- Divide mozzarella cheese evenly among mushroom caps.
- Spoon bread crumb mixture evenly over cheese.
- Roast 7-10 minutes longer or until mozzarella cheese is melted and bread crumb mixture is golden brown.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce or other tomato sauce.