Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from my mom and it is REALLY great. Make sure you use thick pork chops so that they'll stuff easily
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Combine cheese, mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs on a plate or a pie pan. Beat the egg and place in another shallow dish.
- Make a slit in each pork chop about 3/4 the way through. Stuff with the cheese and musroom mixture. Dip and roll the chops in the egg then the bread crumbs. Use toothpicks to help keep them closed if you need to.
- Place each pork chop in a greased baking dish, cover, and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Very good, I replaced grated mozzarella with shredded mozzarella and the can of mushrooms with fresh baby belle mushrooms and it was Great! cooking time varies depending on the size of your pork chops, I have to add an extra 10 min, for perfection.
The stuffing in the pork chops was extremely good, but the pork chops were a little bit dry even though I cooked them for less then the indicated time. Made for New Kids on the Block 2009.