Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mini Meatballs made with turkey and baked. From Better Homes & Gardens.
Make and share this Mozzarella-Stuffed Pesto Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (add a little more if needed to hold mixture together)
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 36 cubes
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle over meatballs)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, place ground turkey, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, pesto, chopped parsley, milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix until combined.
- Form turkey mixture into meatballs, approximately 1 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Stuff a mozzarella cheese cube into each meatball and seal the meat around the cheese so it can't leak out.
- Arrange on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Hands down the best meatballs I've ever had in my life. No kidding! I can't believe how good it tastes. I served it for some coworkers last night and they told it was the first thing they thought about when they woke up this morning. Lol. I used Zesto Pesto for this recipe. I made extra and just put it on the pasta. So simple and so great tasting. Thank you very much for sharing this one of a kind mouthful of deliciousness.
Great taste and a breeze to throw together in a hurry. I halved the recipe and got 24 healthy-sized meatballs. They held together well during the rolling and stuffing. Mine were dead ready after 15 minutes of convection baking time. Even though I liberally sprayed my baking pan, sticking was a real issue. I was surprised considering the oil in the pesto and my generous EVOO drizzle but so is the nature of cooking ground turkey. We ate a some for dinner alongside Simple Penne Alla Vodka and I froze the rest as part of my planned leftovers campaign. (Cooking for 2 is a PITA!) These meatballs will be a welcome addition to future meals. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I actually made this using ground chicken, this mixture needed more than 1 cup to hold together, I did increase the garlic and used seasoned salt and added in black pepper, with change from turkey to chicken this recipe it turned out great, I am going to try it with turkey next time, thanks for sharing!...Kitten :)