Recipe by Brenda.
Mini Meatballs made with turkey and baked. From Better Homes & Gardens.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Hands down the best meatballs I've ever had in my life. No kidding! I can't believe how good it tastes. I served it for some coworkers last night and they told it was the first thing they thought about when they woke up this morning. Lol. I used Recipe #116412 for this recipe. I made extra and just put it on the pasta. So simple and so great tasting. Thank you very much for sharing this one of a kind mouthful of deliciousness.
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (add a little more if needed to hold mixture together)
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 36 cubes
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle over meatballs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, place ground turkey, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, pesto, chopped parsley, milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix until combined.
- Form turkey mixture into meatballs, approximately 1 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Stuff a mozzarella cheese cube into each meatball and seal the meat around the cheese so it can't leak out.
- Arrange on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce if desired.