1/1 Photo of Mozzarella-Stuffed Pesto Turkey Meatballs
Mini Meatballs made with turkey and baked. From Better Homes & Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (add a little more if needed to hold mixture together)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 36 cubes
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle over meatballs)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, place ground turkey, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, pesto, chopped parsley, milk, salt and pepper.
- 3Mix until combined.
- 4Form turkey mixture into meatballs, approximately 1 3/4 inch in diameter.
- 5Stuff a mozzarella cheese cube into each meatball and seal the meat around the cheese so it can't leak out.
- 6Arrange on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella-Stuffed Pesto Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (2300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: