Recipe by SueVM
Serve this little gems with your favorite home made pasta sauce or on a sandwich for a meatball treat.
Top Review by RedSoxsNation #33fan
I made these last weekend. The only thing that I would suggest is that you use a good quality mozzarella cheese. I got the cheapest one and it was really salty. When I made them again yesterday, I used a better quality and they came out 10 times better. Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or water)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into 20 - 1/2 inch cubes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in the milk.
- Add the beef, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, egg and 1 tsp salt to the soaked breadcrumbs and stir with a fork until combined.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of mixture in your hand and press a mozzarella cube into the center. Shape the meat around the cheese, forming a ball. Repeat with remaining mozzarella.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.