Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These meatballs are great on spaghetti or on a hot sub sandwich.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- hot cooked pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork and beef over mixture; mix well.
- Cut mozzarella into 18 1/2-inch cubes. Divide meat mixture into 18 portions; shape each around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil in batches until no pink remains; drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add meatballs and heat through.
- Serve over pasta or as meatball sandwiches.
I have to admit I was a bit nervous about the bottled dressing thing... but what the heck? I was searching for something other than my "go to" meatball recipe. Boy was I surprised when even my pickiest eater asked for seconds! I opted to cook the raw meatballs in the crockpot because I was short on time, but they were FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing the recipe! PS. I find that my stuffed meatballs have less chance of "exploding" if the meat and cheese are really cold before I cook them.
These are honestly the best meatballs i have ever made/tasted. This was the first recipe i tried from recipezaar and it is still one of my favorites. Even my boyfriend was raving to his friends about these meatballs. LOL