These meatballs are great on spaghetti or on a hot sub sandwich.
Make and share this Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- hot cooked pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork and beef over mixture; mix well.
- Cut mozzarella into 18 1/2-inch cubes. Divide meat mixture into 18 portions; shape each around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil in batches until no pink remains; drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add meatballs and heat through.
- Serve over pasta or as meatball sandwiches.
These are honestly the best meatballs i have ever made/tasted. This was the first recipe i tried from recipezaar and it is still one of my favorites. Even my boyfriend was raving to his friends about these meatballs. LOL
I made these as an entree to have with Mediterranean Rice. My DS and I both loved these meatballs with such a nice surprise in the middle! These would be great as an appetizer for your next get together with friends or family for the holidays. Thank you for sharing with us Lainey! Made for Zaar Stars.