Recipe by Lainey6605
These meatballs are great on spaghetti or on a hot sub sandwich.
Top Review by PetesNina
Thanks for sharing this fantastic variation on meatballs. My family loves meatballs in general but I get tired of cooking the same thing over and over again. I used Italian Bread Crumbs and added a bit of parmesan in the meat mixture (I always do that with mine). I tossed the uncooked meatballs with my sauce into the crockpot and cooked on low all day. The meatballs stayed together, did not ooze cheese and had a very good flavor. I made a double batch and served with spaghetti the first day and made meatball subs the next. I strongly recommend doubling this recipe if you have meatball lovers at your table!
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- hot cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork and beef over mixture; mix well.
- Cut mozzarella into 18 1/2-inch cubes. Divide meat mixture into 18 portions; shape each around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil in batches until no pink remains; drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add meatballs and heat through.
- Serve over pasta or as meatball sandwiches.