Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a LandOLakes cookbook. It has become a family favorite. It doesn't have a lot of spicies or seasonings but you could customize it to fit your tastes. It is a simple tasty dish.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine beef, sausage, bread crumbs, sauce, pepper, and egg in medium bowl.
- Cut cheese into either 6 large cubes or 18 small cubes.
- Form meat mixture into 6 seperate loaves.
- Insert either 1 large cube or 3 small cubes into each loaf.
- You may have to reshape loaf around cheese.
- Put loaves onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness) or until loaves are no longer pink in the middle.
- Don't worry if some of the cheese comes out during the baking-it happens.
- Serve with extra suace if you want.
This was very good. I added some finely chopped onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic, and I baked them up in a muffin tin, then served them over top spaghetti, with more spaghetti sauce drizzled over top. I was kind of sad that the mozarella didn't stay inside the meatloaves, but it didn't affect the taste at all- they were wonderful. Hubby inhaled his, and went back for 2nds, and without me asking him what he thought, told me this was definately a "make again" recipe. Thanks so much for posting.
Meatloaf-ism...my not so wild belief that Zaar has some of the best meatloaf recipes around. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
These were so easy to put together on a night I was rushed to get dinner on the table. Served them with spagetti and the kids loved them almost as much as I did. Easily can adapt the recipe to your own spices/taste. UPDATE This has become a staple in our home. Thanks so much *Z* for an awesome recipe!