I got this recipe from a LandOLakes cookbook. It has become a family favorite. It doesn't have a lot of spicies or seasonings but you could customize it to fit your tastes. It is a simple tasty dish.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine beef, sausage, bread crumbs, sauce, pepper, and egg in medium bowl.
- Cut cheese into either 6 large cubes or 18 small cubes.
- Form meat mixture into 6 seperate loaves.
- Insert either 1 large cube or 3 small cubes into each loaf.
- You may have to reshape loaf around cheese.
- Put loaves onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness) or until loaves are no longer pink in the middle.
- Don't worry if some of the cheese comes out during the baking-it happens.
- Serve with extra suace if you want.