From Bon Appetit. Have not tried yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 6 large portabella mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Whisk oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1 garlic clove in small bowl for marinade. Using spoon, scrape out gills from mushrooms and place mushrooms on rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Brush marinade over both sides of mushrooms, arrange hollow side up, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 3Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- 4Mix panko, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 garlic cloves in medium bowl. Drizzle butter and remaining teaspoon vinegar over panko mixture and toss.
- 5Divide panko mixture among mushrooms, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges and packing down slightly.
- 6Place mushrooms on grill, stuffing side up; cover grill and cook until cheese melts and juices bubble at edges of mushrooms, rearranging mushrooms occasionally for even cooking (do not turn over), about 6 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella-Stuffed Grilled Portabellas With Balsamic Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 502.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 13.3 g