Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit. Have not tried yet.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 6 large portabella mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Whisk oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1 garlic clove in small bowl for marinade. Using spoon, scrape out gills from mushrooms and place mushrooms on rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush marinade over both sides of mushrooms, arrange hollow side up, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Mix panko, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 garlic cloves in medium bowl. Drizzle butter and remaining teaspoon vinegar over panko mixture and toss.
- Divide panko mixture among mushrooms, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges and packing down slightly.
- Place mushrooms on grill, stuffing side up; cover grill and cook until cheese melts and juices bubble at edges of mushrooms, rearranging mushrooms occasionally for even cooking (do not turn over), about 6 minutes.
The flavor was delicious but there was twice as much filling as needed. I didn't have the large portabella's so I used two pints of the baby bella's. Next time I'll use twice as many mushroom because there were no leftovers.