It's what's inside these rolled-up chicken breasts that counts: a tasty blend of mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Slicing the chicken on the diagonal makes an attractive presentation. This came from The Cooking Club Of America. I have not tried this just posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoe, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce (purchased refrigerated)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/8-inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat oven to 350. Line small rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- 2Combine mozzarella cheese, spinach, ricotta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, egg, garlic, pesto and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in medium bowl.
- 3Place chicken on plastic wrap-lined surface; spread each breast with 1/2 cup filling, leaving 1/2-inch border all around. Roll up breasts from pointed end; secure with toothpicks. Place on baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 4Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken; baste with pan juices. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks. Serve whole or slice on the diagonal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 840.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: